Saturday, June 26, 2010

Il Cinema Ritrovato, Bologna, 26 June - 3 July 2010

I'm on my way to the annual Il Cinema Ritrovato festival in Bologna, waiting at the Munich airport. The airplane I was supposed to embark is broken, and thus I'll miss the first film, John Ford's The Black Watch. Instead I keep reading Joseph McBride's excellent book Searching for John Ford, almost 850 pages in the paperback edition I have been carrying with me during the last weeks. Today is Midsummer Holiday in Finland, and it feels unnatural to be abroad, but the Bologna festival is irresistible for serious film lovers.

IL CINEMA RITROVATO (BOLOGNA) THEMES OF 2010
1. Il primo John Ford
2. Singin' in Hollywood: incontro con Stanley Donen
3. Ritrovati & Restaurati
4. Cento anni fà: film europei del 1910
5. Alla ricerca del colore dei film
6. Senza paura, senza paragone: le donne avventurose nel cinema muto
7. Anni difficili in Italia e in Europa
8. Fellini. Dall'Italia alla luna
9. Jean-Luc Godard, compositore di cinema
10. Il progetto Napoli/Italia e il cinema dell'emigrazione
11. Albert Capellani: un cinema di grandeur
12. Progetto Chaplin: dossier Florey
13. Dossier La televisione di Alessandro Blasetti
14. Dossier Cinefilia: Omaggi a Jean Douchet, André S. Labarthe e Michel Ciment

No comments: